Member Avatar for Swordstech

Help Me! I have Tuneup Utilities and I accidentally pressed a button in the Process Manager to replace Windows Task Manager. Now, when I type taskmgr on the run dialog box, the Tuneup Process Manager appears. When I press control+alt+del and choose start task manager, still the Tuneup Process Manager is accessed. I don't like Process Manager because it's too slow. It also hangs up more often than the Windows Task Manager.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

there must be somewhere in tuneup utilities preferences to un check it ,it been a long time since i played with tuneup myself

there must be somewhere in tuneup utilities preferences to un check it ,it been a long time since i played with tuneup myself

Thanks for your help.
I think I can't find it. I've been looking for it weeks ago.

im not sure ,if its the latest version try looking in the settings on this screen[see attachment taken from there web site ] for the button you accidentally pushed. if it not a full version ,just a trial ,simply uninstall the program,it should but windows back to defaults ,and if you really want to use it reinstall ,and be care full what you check off ,good luck

Thanks, but I already uninstalled it before reading your post. Now, task manager works back to normal.

Thanks, but I already uninstalled it before reading your post. Now, task manager works back to normal.

i was going to suggest that ,good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.