hello all,
I keep getting error code 0x80070057.sometimes explorer freezes and I have to clear and restart.I'm using google as my search engine.Would appreciate comments
many thanks morris116

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You haven't said what version of windows you have or what causes that error to appear. We can only work with the information you give us!

whoops's!sorry Rik from RCE,.I'm using windows 7 premium 32bit.error comes up when checking system with microsoft mr fix it program. shows when checking internet security or performence.Internet freezes till (page recover mode) clicks in.Have removed google and downloaded explorer nine.same thing occures. everything else ok.
many thanks morris116

What antimalware sotware do you have and have you scanned with it recently? If so, exactly what did it find? It could well be malware that has afected your system!

Hello Rik.Am using avast.have done full scan.also downloaded trial avg pro,did same,suspect it's a registry error. await any comments from you.
ta morris 116

Both avast and avg are antivirus programs, not antimalware programs. You should download Mbam and do a full scan with it - http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

hello again,have downloaded Mbam,found 3 infections ,2 were adaware related which i used when i ran vista,remember had loads of trouble uninstalling it.had to shift all the shreds file by file,perhaps thats what altered the registry,many thanks see how I go.morris116

Can you post the mbam log so I can have a look at it? This is as a precaution, the infections you had may have left something behind and I'd like to make sure your system is completely clean.

try to repair your windows system......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.