I have p-4 system with 40 gb hdd intel original board and 512 mb of ram. It had 4 parititions, Win 2000 professional was loaded in with norton antivirus 2004. The OS was totally corrupted so i had to format C: and reinstall everything, now the problem was i completed win2000 setup, installed all drivers, ie-6 and service pack-4. Then i started installing Visual Studion 6.0, the setup started with the option install java virtual machine, i selected it, i had to select it the system restarted after installing jvm, Win 2000 Pro logo appeared and the system didn't move further it began restarting again and again, it was not even entering safe mode nor the last good known configuration was working.

I formated C: and reinstalled windows again, this time i installed Visual studio before installing drivers and it succeeded, but after i started installing drivers and after the first reboot the same problem occured. The system didnt move further from the Win 2000 pro logo, it continuously restarted.

I again installed windows but this time i removed entire partitions and created them again, i installed windows, drivers. IE-6 and Service Pack 4 and installed Visual Studio, everything worked fine this time.

Now the question is why did i get the option of (Install Java Virtual Machine) During the first attempt of Visual Studio Setup and why didnt i get that option after i deleted entire partitions and created them again and reinstalled windows

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Moving thread, applying a bump to it. It's been in the Networking forum for some time, surprised noone else caught it.

Moving thread, applying a bump to it. It's been in the Networking forum for some time, surprised noone else caught it.

i couldnt get u plz b more clear

i couldnt get u plz b more clear

Alex is saying that your question was originally posted in our Networking forum for some reason, but he moved it to this forum because the question/problem is not related to networking.

Alex is saying that your question was originally posted in our Networking forum for some reason, but he moved it to this forum because the question/problem is not related to networking.

how... i didnt post this thread in Networking forum

Are you sure? The moderator's notes for this thread do say that it was moved here from another forum.

Are you sure? The moderator's notes for this thread do say that it was moved here from another forum.

yes i posted this thread in the 'Microsoft Window-Windows NT / 2000 / XP / 2003' forum

DMR i wanna ask u some personal question

How did u get those stars and the quote "Marsupial Moderator" under ur name

Should we pay something for that

The stars indicate that a member is part of the DaniWeb staff; a moderator, super moderator, or administrator.

Staff members can also customize their user title, and so can members who help sponsor the site by donating $5 or more. More info on site sponsorship can be found here.

The stars indicate that a member is part of the DaniWeb staff; a moderator, super moderator, or administrator.

Staff members can also customize their user title, and so can members who help sponsor the site by donating $5 or more. More info on site sponsorship can be found here.

i stay in INDIA so $5 is equal to something about Rs. 250, and iam ready to donate, how could i do it

Donations are made through PayPal; if you click on link in my post it will take you to the page where you can begin the process.

i cant find the link

Sorry, I meant the link in my first post.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.