I have had a nightmare of a day... My computer last night was popping up that it was being hi jacked and virus this trojan this, and that passords being copied etc etc...
My partner tried to download avg free but it wouldn't let him do it, any or norton, avg, avast etc only one that he was able to download was STOPZILLA! so he downloaded that!!
I have tried all day to unistall stopzilla, when i went in programs it wouldn't allow, so had to set my computer to an early restore point...
However.... i can go browse any page EXCEPT downloads for viruses, spyware etc.... (my computer will say internet cannot show this page etc)...
However it will let me view stopzilla.
Im not very good with pcs...and worried that my banking details have been copied and passwords etc... and that my computer is not safe....and I really want to install a free anti virus like avg or avast...
What can I do?
ANY HELP WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED...
THANKS.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

even clicking on the link on this page for avg free download.... my computer says 'cannot view this page etc'

You are probably facing infection from the Conficker Worm. Once on your computer, the infected PC cannot visit any Antivirus provider's sites. Download the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal tool using another PC from http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/malware-removal.aspx and run a full scan on the infected PC. That should fix your problems. :)

Or, follow the required steps as given in my post above, the same as every other member has to do when posting here for assistance :).

of all the forums i go on ,i think this is the only one where any poster old or new can post to the spyware removal forum ,most others you have to part of the removal team ,maybe something to look at here to, just an opinion

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.