can anyone help me my media player cannot play media from the internet i have media player 12 and run windows 7 when i click on a link it only want me to save the video i have tried many thing to get it to work but am stuck as to what to do i have checked every file assosiation checked all the boxes in the network option in the media player that says protocol for mms url's but i still cant get it to work please help me as this it driving me insane

many thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

When you click on the link... It downloads right?.. Once it has finished downloading, double click on the file.. and it should play.

When you click on the link... It downloads right?.. Once it has finished downloading, double click on the file.. and it should play.

yes but all i used to do was click on it and it would play through the media player which is what i want it to do as i do not want to fill my pc with video from the internet

Are you using a different browser?.. When did it start doing this?.. Have you tried it on multiple video links??..

If the videos are not running in your system then there is chance that registry has some errors what you can do is go for top registry cleaner

Before suggesting programs, pin point the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.