Windows XP

On Pictures I get the Rectangle with the X on the right hand side of the immage...It appears that the picture will display, when I click the red or blue x the whole picture will display..

What can I do to correct this?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Are you talking about pictures on your computer, or pictures in your webbrowser?

No pictures on the browser.....web pages

What browser you are using?

Yes, we need the browser you are using! In some browsers, you can turn on or off the settings to view pictures, so check those settings on your browser.

Yes, we need the browser you are using! In some browsers, you can turn on or off the settings to view pictures, so check those settings on your browser.

NO I have changed no settings, when you view a picture you have to click a RECTANGLE RED X apparently THEN the picture appears?????

Your response still don't help us to help you. We ask, what browser are you using? Sometimes, settings changed, you may think not, but they do, and sometimes, virusses can cause strange things to happen, but none of this can be confirmed if you do not tell us what browser you are using, so that we can start from there to give you some options.

Just checking another thing, did you try to use a different browser to test?

Your response still don't help us to help you. We ask, what browser are you using? Sometimes, settings changed, you may think not, but they do, and sometimes, virusses can cause strange things to happen, but none of this can be confirmed if you do not tell us what browser you are using, so that we can start from there to give you some options.

Just checking another thing, did you try to use a different browser to test?

Its IE 8 ., I run a virus guard and nothing can be found and NO I have not tried

firefox

open ie8 go to tools /internet option /advanced /click to reset browser default settings ,might help

Thanks it indictes ONLY use this if the browser is in a un stable state. Is it safe to do?

Yes, it is safe to do so. The warning is because if you have customized settings on it, you will loose it, but you indicated you changed none of it's settings yourself.

If the problem is still there, after you have done the reset, you have to download another browser, like FF or Chrome perhaps, and test it to see if it gives you the same problem. Then this answer will tell us more about your IE or computer problem.

Yes it is safe to use. Just follow the instruction that have been given by caperjack. If IE8 still give you problem than you may try other browser like firefox or chrome.

or an upgrade to ie9 might fix it .i use firefox as my main browser ,but also use ie9 and have been since its first beta release ,it actually looks and feels just like firefox now ,except for ,still no spell check,and thats why i use firefox

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.