Ok, it all started when i was dloading a program to make windows setups.(.msi). Then i decided i didnt like it and uninstalled it. After tht was done. I decided i was going to stick with Inno Setup. I have used it before and liked it. But then i noticed all or most of my desktop icons were missing. And all the start menu ientries were missing. So i figured i had a virus. SO i went to do a system resotre. But found that i oculdnt find it...due to to missing folders. So i decided i would then try to boot into safe mode. When i tried to boot it said it cannot find a file(same with normal mode). Ubfortunely i dont remember what it said. I think it said windows cannot find NRDL press ctrl alt delete to reboot. or somthing like that. Any ways i tried a few more times and it all failied. SO then i tried the windows recovery console. Nothing. I really didnt know whre to go with it. Then i decied to go into the bios and reset. Or i thought i was resseting them. I seleteced. "fails proof settings". But then i rebooted and things got worse. My monitor is now getting no signal, it says it is ocnnected though..... So i cant see what i am doing. Please any ideas. I have a Programming project that i have been working on for months now. i dont wanna lose that. And a Lang arts project. I am very computer savvy :) but i have tried everything. and yes i tried a differ monitor. No Dice.

Specs.

Xp Home
Nvidia 6200 TC
amd 3000+
Standard Monitro.

Plese help i need my computer i cant go on without it :(

-T

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hmmwould a BIOS flash help. If so how do i do this. I am not sre ;)

-T

A BIOS flash probably wouldn't help.

-Is your monitor plugged in tightly?
-Did your computer used to beep while it was booting? If so does it still do that? (some newer computers don't)
-Just read the part about you resetting your BIOS. DO NOT do that unless you ABSOLUTELY know what you're doing. You probably reset something that should have been left alone. :( If that's the case, take it to your local computer shop and see if they can fix it. (Or if you're feeling really adventurous try moving your hard drive to another system.)

BTW, NTLDR is the NT LoaDeR. (WinXP is based on WinNT)

A BIOS flash probably wouldn't help.

-Is your monitor plugged in tightly?
-Did your computer used to beep while it was booting? If so does it still do that? (some newer computers don't)
-Just read the part about you resetting your BIOS. DO NOT do that unless you ABSOLUTELY know what you're doing. You probably reset something that should have been left alone. :( If that's the case, take it to your local computer shop and see if they can fix it. (Or if you're feeling really adventurous try moving your hard drive to another system.)

BTW, NTLDR is the NT LoaDeR. (WinXP is based on WinNT)

Hey thanks for your help. But i just took it in today to the repair store. It stopped posting :( thanks again

-T

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.