Recently my brother asked me to reinstall windows xp on his
computer. While I was installing it, I ran into a problem.
first it does the initial setup where it formats the hard drive
and it copies the setup files. well, that takes a long time, longer than usual.

after it finishes i get a blue screen with this message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: framebuf

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

The device driver got stuck in an infinate loop. This usually indicates problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.

Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000EA (0X81B06DA8, 0X81B3A470, 0X81B3C780, 0X00000001)

framebuf
Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

I have tried a few times to install Xp. Anyone know what i can do to fix this?

the Pc specs are:

Dell Optiplex Gx1

Intel Pentium III 500 MHz

384MB SDRAM

integrated ATI Rage Pro (AGP 2X) graphics

40Gb Maxtor HD

I appreciate your help

brownboi79

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello, brownboi79

Wellcome to Daniweb

I think problem is with the Ram, u have two ram sticks installed 256 and 128. Try installing with a single Ram First with 128 and if doesnt work install with 256. Change ur Ide cable. Dont use a single cable for both HDD and CD-Rom

ok let me try that. ill get back to you.

Recently my brother asked me to reinstall windows xp on his
computer. While I was installing it, I ran into a problem.
first it does the initial setup where it formats the hard drive
and it copies the setup files. well, that takes a long time, longer than usual.

after it finishes i get a blue screen with this message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: framebuf

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

The device driver got stuck in an infinate loop. This usually indicates problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.

Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000EA (0X81B06DA8, 0X81B3A470, 0X81B3C780, 0X00000001)

framebuf
Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

I have tried a few times to install Xp. Anyone know what i can do to fix this?

the Pc specs are:

Dell Optiplex Gx1

Intel Pentium III 500 MHz

384MB SDRAM

integrated ATI Rage Pro (AGP 2X) graphics

40Gb Maxtor HD

I appreciate your help

brownboi79

Had this problem as well!

How to:

1. Boot to BIOS
2. Enable L1 & L2 cache
3. Restart and BINGO!

Seems easy huh?! :)

After doing an AVG virus update I received the blue screen of death (I am sure AVG caused this). I was running win 2000. I could not get around it so I decieded to install win XP as a new install not an upgrade. During the install I keep getting error 0x000000EA file FRAMEBUF.. I tryed everthing to get around it nothing worked UNTILL I tried the above 1. Boot to BIOS 2. Enable L1 and L2 cache. IT WORKED The XP install picked up where it encountered the 0x000000EA error and completed the install. Many thanks to the above reply Tom

After doing an AVG virus update I received the blue screen of death (I am sure AVG caused this). I was running win 2000. I could not get around it so I decieded to install win XP as a new install not an upgrade. During the install I keep getting error 0x000000EA file FRAMEBUF.. I tryed everthing to get around it nothing worked UNTILL I tried the above 1. Boot to BIOS 2. Enable L1 and L2 cache. IT WORKED The XP install picked up where it encountered the 0x000000EA error and completed the install. Many thanks to the above reply Tom

Please post another thread so that we can answer you by not to overide other's thread..Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.