Hello,

I have problem with documents I print on my HP 1150. Most of the documents are printed from Word/Excel. When I set value of left margin to value 0.2 nothing changes because left margin is *always* set to 2.50 fixed or more and I am unable to change it. Even when I print some documents from SAP or any other software, margin is always fixed 2.5 and there is blank space on left margin. To explain it easly, this how any of my documents looks like.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9752/unledpnq.jpg

I hope I explained it correctly and that you can help me with this because I have to many troubles with this.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance,
Adi

Recommended Answers

All 24 Replies

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

I can't see your image. I don't have an account can you post a screen shot so i can see what is your problem like. Thank you. You want to change the margin to 0.2 but when you print it out the margin remain at 2.5. Is that your problem? Maybe after you edit you never save it so that is why you have the problem.

image shows for me no acct needed.
ill attach what they have linked

Have you tried doing a test print from the printer direct to see what it prints?
I suggest you do a config print from the printer also and let us see the result.

Before you print, have you seen the preview first before you print. Go and check whether in the preview the marin is the same or not.

Dredge HP site for a software update. Not much else can be done if a default is fixed.

As explained, print your test page and the config page, as it don't matter what you use, if the printer defaults are messed up, which then you will need to do a defaults reset.

--

Hello,

thank you all very much for help.

I tried to print test page and it printed without any problems but all documents I printed before was in Landscape mode and test page was in Portrait mode (so left-margin of Landscape mod is *equal* to bottom-margin in Portrait mode). Anyway, I still have this problem and even on test page there is some sxtra blank space on bottom margin. I tried changing many things in ControlPanel>Printers> HP LaserJet 1150 printer>Properties but no luck.

Also, when I go to print preview *before* printing, everything looks OK and as it should be (depends on what changes on margins I made) but when I prind document, then I have that blank space.

I will definetly try to update/reinstall driver, perhaps that will help.
I really need to solve this ASAP so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
Adi

Note: I checked it again, when paper is in Portrait mode then bottom margin can't change (on lower value, for example from 2,5 to 0,5) and when it's in landscape mode than *left* margin can't change (it can't be lower then cvalue 2,50).

I hope this helps a little bit in solving my problem.

Cheers.

Confused, hmmmmm

Ok, can you set you printer (on the actual printer) in Landscape and try printing in Landscape from the PC.

From what you stated, you might have setup you printer in the wrong mode and hence, why you got a big space.

hi

Do you have a JetDirect card in this printer (Networked)?

If you do, take it out and do this rule out the printer

1. Turn the printer off
2. Press and hold down the GO button.
3. Turn the printer on, and continue to hold th GO button for at least 5 seconds, but not longer than 15 seconds. During this process, the Attention LED will turn on.
4. Release the GO button.
If both the Attention and the Ready LEDs turn on before you release the GO button, you must start the procedure again with step 1.
5. The printer's LEDs will begin cycling. The cold-reset process will run until completion, and the printer will return to the ready state.

Hi Bal,

Thank you very much for your reply, I will definetly try this and let you know if it works out.

I also searched about this problem on Interent, this is what I found, based on this it looks like it can't be changed?

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1307358390028+28353475&threadId=70942

All the best,
Adi

hi

Do you have a JetDirect card in this printer (Networked)?

If you do, take it out and do this rule out the printer

1. Turn the printer off
2. Press and hold down the GO button.
3. Turn the printer on, and continue to hold th GO button for at least 5 seconds, but not longer than 15 seconds. During this process, the Attention LED will turn on.
4. Release the GO button.
If both the Attention and the Ready LEDs turn on before you release the GO button, you must start the procedure again with step 1.
5. The printer's LEDs will begin cycling. The cold-reset process will run until completion, and the printer will return to the ready state.

Thanks

Please do a reset, and see if it changes anything.

UGGH!
don't we all hate printers!
sounds like your printer is defective, but i'm no master expert.
last time i tried fixing an HP printer, they had my client return
the defective printer after walking me through the troubleshooting
process.
i realize you must've already checked the HP website, but here's what i found:
(i would also suggest giving them a phone call)

"•In the Windows driver dialog: select the Paper/Quality tab and then the Margins/Layout button.
NOTE: In the Windows PostScript driver, make sure you have made the right choice from the Document size list. You should select a 'no margins' document size if you intend to use the Oversize , Clip Contents By Margins or Borderless options.

•In the Mac OS Print dialog (PCL3 driver): select the Paper/Quality panel and then Layout .
•In the Mac OS X 10.4 Print dialog (PostScript driver): select the Finishing panel and then Layout .
•In the Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6 Print dialog (PostScript driver): select the Margins/Layout panel.
•On the Embedded Web Server's Submit Job page: select Advanced settings > Paper > Layout/Margins ."

Hi Bal,

thanks for your effort/help.

I checked if there is JetDirect card in this printer but I couldn't find any. This printer is shared but not via JetDirect card. Should I do this even if I don't use JetDirect card and also will this reset have affect on my other computer which also use this printer? I have to ask this before reseting printer.

Best regrads,
Adi

UGGH!
don't we all hate printers!
sounds like your printer is defective, but i'm no master expert.
last time i tried fixing an HP printer, they had my client return
the defective printer after walking me through the troubleshooting
process.
i realize you must've already checked the HP website, but here's what i found:
(i would also suggest giving them a phone call)

"•In the Windows driver dialog: select the Paper/Quality tab and then the Margins/Layout button.
NOTE: In the Windows PostScript driver, make sure you have made the right choice from the Document size list. You should select a 'no margins' document size if you intend to use the Oversize , Clip Contents By Margins or Borderless options.

•In the Mac OS Print dialog (PCL3 driver): select the Paper/Quality panel and then Layout .
•In the Mac OS X 10.4 Print dialog (PostScript driver): select the Finishing panel and then Layout .
•In the Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6 Print dialog (PostScript driver): select the Margins/Layout panel.
•On the Embedded Web Server's Submit Job page: select Advanced settings > Paper > Layout/Margins ."

Hi skilly,

I found Paper/Quality tab without any problems but there is no Margins/Layout button under ControlPanel>PrinterandFaxes> HP LaserJet 1200 Series PCL>Printer preferences> Paper/Quality tab but there is no Margins/Layout button for sure. I use winXP.

ok...well then both computers print bad...or the printer prints bad....
follow Bal's advice and reset the printer
this-
http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00003054&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=238320&prodTypeId=18972
-is the official support page for Hp laserjet 1150 & 1300. It looks like it has ALL of the winXP printer settings&tabs and explains what they do

this address will download the user's manual-
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpl13095/bpl13095.pdf

isee now that it is a fairly old printer model(HP only offers support for 1 year after purchase)so iguess you can't phone them.

ok...well then both computers print bad...or the printer prints bad....
follow Bal's advice and reset the printer
this-
http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00003054&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=238320&prodTypeId=18972
-is the official support page for Hp laserjet 1150 & 1300. It looks like it has ALL of the winXP printer settings&tabs and explains what they do

this address will download the user's manual-
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpl13095/bpl13095.pdf

isee now that it is a fairly old printer model(HP only offers support for 1 year after purchase)so iguess you can't phone them.
i also don't think you have the right driver, the manual says it should be pcl 5e.
and jetdirect card is not usable for lj1150, but other wireless networking is.
how long has it been since the printer was working good?

from your own link!-
Hi Bal,

Thank you very much for your reply, I will definetly try this and let you know if it works out.

I also searched about this problem on Interent, this is what I found, based on this it looks like it can't be changed?

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/...threadId=70942

All the best,
Adi
-didn't you see this? Adi?
"The OfficeJet Pro 1150 has a minimum bottom margin of 0.46 inches on A4 size media. This margin cannot be decreased. Here is a link to the print margin documentation...."

did you try 0.5" instead of 0.2"? you might also want to roll back the driver since you've changed it.

ok i got another idea. i went to wikipedia to look up A4 size media.
you might be using paper that is too small!

A4 is 8.3"x11.7" compared to north american 'letter' paper is 8.5"x11"
maybe your printer & paper are from different countries!

commented: Offset previous rep +9

MCMdizajn

How are you sharing?

If there no network setting's or you know how to set back, then do the reset.

Let me know.

Any update?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.