Hi,

I do computer repairs at home. I just repaired a clients laptop, I will be giving it back and then he can pay me, but to make sure I get payed, is it possible to put some remotely activated killswitch in the windows which will lock it down.

The laptop is running windows XP sp3.

Would be create if anyone knows of such software.

Kind Regards
Paul

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Here's a simple solution: he pays you, you hand him the laptop.

Yes a simple solutions... but not a solution to my question... I have reasons for doing it this way hence I asked the question... so please spam another thread...

I don't think anyone here is going to advise you on how to accomplish such an underhanded goal.

Putting backdoors and such on your client's machines is completely unethical.

I don't think anyone here is going to advise you on how to accomplish such an underhanded goal.

Putting backdoors and such on your client's machines is completely unethical.

I thought that was illegal. I agree with ezzaral. You give him the laptop when he give you the money all you don't give him back at all.

That is no plausible excuse for wanting to be able to do that. I'm going to have a shot in the dark here and say, you want this for illegal activity.

That is no plausible excuse for wanting to be able to do that. I'm going to have a shot in the dark here and say, you want this for illegal activity.

Yes you always have to assume the worst... The only reason i asked the question is to have a fail safe because i do not trust the client, i have no use for illegal activity except for downloading pirated software :-/ but anyways i managed to get this sorted using

trust delete

a little note to those accusing me of anything: next time please get the facts straight before jumping to conclusions... i recommend this forum to most of my friends due to great help i received... don't make me regret it.

But we all have much better stuff to do with our time than arguing :D

Lol, it seems like i misunderstand you Antitiy. Sorry about that. But if you are afriad your client won't pay you, you can always turn to the law for help. YOu have his particulars you can always report him to the police if he does not want to pay you. A kill switch is what most people use but if it were me i would not recommend that. Anyway your problem is solved, good for you. Thanks for recommending daniweb to your friends.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.