Hi all. Okay I'm having something of an annoying problem at the moment. As you can see in this screenshot, Windows is not assigning the correct icon to my C:/ Drive, even though all settings are correct and the icon is in the right place.

[Screenshot] (I am using a different windows skin, but this issue has been around since I installed windows, regardless of the skin)

Even Tweak UI 'repair icons' doesn't help rectify this problem. Now, I believe that what is wrong is that somehow, Windows is recognising my HDD as a removable disk drive, as there is an always present 'click here to safely remove your hardware' icon in the systray which refers to my SATA HDD. (See screen)

The computer works fine, this is just a minor annoyance... obviously, XP is using the drive as a HDD, just somewhere on the surface it isn't properly recognising it. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Hi all. Okay I'm having something of an annoying problem at the moment. As you can see in this screenshot, Windows is not assigning the correct icon to my C:/ Drive, even though all settings are correct and the icon is in the right place.

[Screenshot] (I am using a different windows skin, but this issue has been around since I installed windows, regardless of the skin)

Even Tweak UI 'repair icons' doesn't help rectify this problem. Now, I believe that what is wrong is that somehow, Windows is recognising my HDD as a removable disk drive, as there is an always present 'click here to safely remove your hardware' icon in the systray which refers to my SATA HDD. (See screen)

The computer works fine, this is just a minor annoyance... obviously, XP is using the drive as a HDD, just somewhere on the surface it isn't properly recognising it. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

I think u have placed an Autoplay file in the drive "Autoplay.ini".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.