hi friends my runs slow when i started to use mozilla firefox. i am using USB Modem as my internet connection. please i want somebody to help me.
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

ill assume you mean you your internet runs slow ,did you just start using firefox recently or did you always use it .have you tried a different browser .like Googles Chrome browser

commented: That was what i wanted to say but you say first +9

What is your USB modem speed. Does using other browsers have the same problem?

I have some request .... THE UGLY TRUTH
UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN
KNOCKED UP
DEAR JOHN

UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN
KNOCKED UP
DEAR JOHN

lol,this is not the movie network

UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN
KNOCKED UP
DEAR JOHN

I thought this was spam at first. Is it now? :D

Firefox can be a pretty heavy browser for older computers... and heavy in general. Chrome is a better, faster alternative though they both have their advantages. Let us know more details about the wireless though, please.

This post should be moved into the networking and second thing. The OP have not come back and replied for a long time.

Compare your upload and download speeds at speedtest.net with Internet Explorer and Firefox. I highly doubt that your connection speed is slower. Perhaps your computer is being heavily taxed by Firefox (maybe installed improperly).

Upload speeds and download speeds are related to the internet connection. So when you connection is slow, so will be your download speed. Tell us what is your link speed? Example : 144 Mbit/s

Also try to ping to google.com or daniweb.com. Firefox takes up a lot of space but it usually works per normal on laptops. USB Modem speed is generally slower than having a router and a modem together. But i doubt he will reply since he has not come back for so long.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.