I'm trying to burn a program to a cd but my computer keeps saying there is no disk in the drive. I tried another file and it keeps saying the same thing. Two days ago I copied files to it but now it won't recognize that there is one in there. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

hi,first thing i would try is going to device manager cd/dvd section right click on the drive info and uninstall the drive ,and reboot computer to have windows reinstall drivers for the drive

Have you check the BIOS to see whether the CD/DVD drives is connected? If not than you may have to check the cable connection or the power source cable. Than follow caperject's instruction.

Does it recognize a used cd? just to be sure it's still working as read...

Does it recognize a used cd? just to be sure it's still working as read...

CD drive you mean? It should provide the cable connection is proper and CD drive is in working condition.

CD drive you mean? It should provide the cable connection is proper and CD drive is in working condition.

I mean did he try to use another cd that has content in it (not blank) and see if the drive can still read the files inside the cd...

Than in that case. You could clean your CD/DVD ROM with a CD cleaning kit. If it still cannot read any CD/DVD. You may have to get a new CD/DVD drive.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.