Ok so here's the deal, any help is greatly appriciated as my computer in other room is unusable right now.

Yesterday I changed the resolution under the display and it said please restart. So I did. Once the computer had restarted a black screen came up after the first few start up screens with a little box that said "VGA mode does not support".. I panicked and left it there a while hoping it would go away. I than restarted the computer many times hoping it would go away. I than asked friends and the said try to press F10 to get a menu, that didnt work, f2, f4 didnt work and finally f8 worked but not always it only works once in a blue moon.

I finally got to the srceen that had diff options like safemode and last good config BUT heres the problem. On that screen its default highlighted on boot windows normally. It says use your arrow keys to select your option. When I use the arrow keys it wont let me move it up to put it on last good config. And after the 30 seconds it gives you it just boots normally and then goes back to VGA mode does not support.

PLEASE help. I tryed unplugging and replugging keyboard, swiching moniters and unplugging everything. Thanks

finally f8 worked but not always it only works once in a blue moon.

You only have a small window of time during the boot-up sequence (usually a couple of seconds) in which to press F8 and access the Boot Menu. If you hit F8 too early or too late, the computer will boot into Windows normally, and you'll have to restart and try F8 again.

When I use the arrow keys it wont let me move it up to put it on last good config...

Does it let you select any of the options? If so, select Safe Mode or VGA Mode and see if you can at least get a usable display that way. From there you may be able to undo whatever changes you made to the display preferences.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.