Windows-2003
CFMX 7
WINWORD documents....

Because my hosting site has turn-off cfexecute (cannot generate pdf), I had to create a process that would allow me to create format documents. The process works great except with 1 major flaw, my file sizes can get very large making it impossible to open the file.

The cause is all the formating (<table><tr><td>,<font>) that is included in the file. I use cffile to write and cfcontent to open.

My question, is there away to hide the formating and/or reduce the file size.

My question, is there away to hide the formating and/or reduce the file size.

To reduce the file size, you could pass your file through a automated text editer so <table><tr> would be replaced by <4fTEXTHERETEXTHERE<
( <00 Knowing your program hold 256*256 possible command)

You would create a matrix of all these codes and replace them when you need to shrink or expand your data.

Is that good?

To reduce the file size, you could pass your file through a automated text editer so <table><tr> would be replaced by <4fTEXTHERETEXTHERE<
( <00 Knowing your program hold 256*256 possible command)

You would create a matrix of all these codes and replace them when you need to shrink or expand your data.

Is that good?

1. Do you know of any text editors that will work in the above manner.
2. The document will still be large prior to the editor process - how will that affect the solution.

1. Do you know of any text editors that will work in the above manner.
2. The document will still be large prior to the editor process - how will that affect the solution.

1. You will need to build a custom program (in C/C++ or other) that will do the job.

2. You wanted to know if there was a way to remove the formatting or to shrink the files...It won't remove the formatting or really shrink the file size but will at least shrink the formatting by almost 40% ;)

Sorry if it doesn't help much more, I though my idea was not too bad :o

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.