Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini071511-01.dmp
C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-178043-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2EC.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

================================================================

Also I cannot remove these files using HiJackThis and I keep getting constantly redirected in browsers.

Perhaps this is causing the bluescreens?

------------------
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:19:15 PM, on 7/15/2011
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18904)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Share Button App\Listener.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\winssnotify.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\nvidia corporation\networkaccessmanager\bin32\nvlsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\nvidia corporation\networkaccessmanager\bin32\nvlsp.dll
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: LogMeIn Maintenance Service (LMIMaint) - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
O23 - Service: ForceWare IP service (nSvcIp) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin32\nSvcIp.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service (Stereo Service) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvSCPAPISvr.exe

--
End of file - 2884 bytes

----------

If there is any information you need me to provide you please
tell me how to get it and I'll post it.

I am extremely grateful to anyone who attempts to fix my problem

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

How many entries from hijackthis have you already removed?

For the first part of the problem, it seems like you just experience the fame Blue screen of death. You should have heard it before.

From what you posted below

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini071511-01.dmp
C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-178043-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2EC.tmp.version.txt

I need you to locate the minidump files as soon as possible as they will dissapear very quickly mysteriously. The second part of your problem, crunchie will help you with that. See this link as well

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

First, most BSOD’s are hardware or drive related. That is usually faulty or incorrectly fitted hardware and/or incorrect drivers, poorly written drivers or corrupt driver files.

Malware can cause issues with drivers, either intentionally or because they are basically crapware written for one aim and the writers care little about anything else they do.

With FF, which I use, I regularly (about once a month) clear the cache manually by gong to %username%\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default and selecting everything and deleting/erasing the contents. FF will rebuild the profile with no ill effects and it may remove whatever is causing your redirects. The ‘xxxxxxx’ refers to a set of random numbers and letters, different for every profile. Don’t delete the ‘xxxxxxx.default’ folder or FF will build a new profile and you could lose all your personal settings etc.

If this doesn’t solve redirects and/or your BSOD I suggest downloading, updating and running scans with Malwarebytes, Spybot S & D (no affiliation) and your own antivirus software(s).

Hopefully this will solve your problem, but if not-

If you have attached any hardware, internally or externally through USB, Firewire, eSATA including a new monitor, disconnect it.

If this cures BSOD we have at least narrowed it down to the offending item.

If it does not, download the free Bluescreenview (no affiliation) which will analyse minidump files and show results. Post the results, (including a facsimile this nifty little program will produce of the BSOD) for us to take a look at.

All the software I refer to can be found by ‘Googling’. I have no affiliation with any of them I will not benefit by their use. I vouch personally for each one. I hope I haven’t broken the forum rules in my first post by suggesting downloads! Apologies if I have!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.