Sir,
I want to purchase the game cd(Emperor battle for dune), but before purchasing it,i would like to know if it runs on windows vista home basic,my system specifications are as follows:
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Basic
Processor Speed: 2ghz
Ram: 2 gb
Graphics Card: ATI Raedon xpress 1100
Processor: Dual Core
Please let me know if any windows vista users have ever tried it or if some experts are willing to donate their precious time towards my issue........
With regards,,,,,
Yogesh.....

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

I don't think so. i have never play before the game but heard that the game rocks. See this link

http://dune2k.com/Duniverse/Games/Emperor/Details/Requirements

Based on that it does not say anything about Vista, maybe you would like to check google for the OS requirements of the game first. Good luck:)

Hi,
i've already checked that link a day before,it has NOT mentioned anything about vista users and before knowing the compatibility it would be foolish to purchase the game cd,but anyways thanks for your suggestion.....
I still need to know whether it works on windows vista 32 bit.....

Thanks jingda for your advice.....
I've even checked the microsoft site for the list of compatible games with windows vista,i couldn't find the name of this game but surprisingly it was also mentioned that command & conquer generals is not compatible with vista but i have the game with me & its working fine on my system,so i'm not sure if emperor battle for done work or not...
Thanks again,what operating system r u using????

I have two laptops. One macbook white which run Snow Leopard the Other is a windows laptop that run Windows 7. I like playing call of duty maybe you can use that to replace Emperor:Battle For Dune or DOTA. This are some of my favourite games. By the way i am only 14 this year that is why i like playing such games:)

Hey,,,
Age has nothing to do with gaming,its all about likes and interests,anyways i like to play strategy games like red alert 2,age of mythology,rise of nations,generals rather than first person shooting and i also have the expansion packs for all of these games but among them generals:zero hour is my all time favorite.....
You have mentioned DOTA,will u let me know whats that?????

I know that i have uncles who like playing games too. DOTA is a strategy game so those who like thinking game will like it. See this link for more about DOTA.

Thanks for the data but i dont play such strategy games,i typically like games which involves base construction and defenses and than resource collection and ultimately building horde of tanks,infantry,fighter jets and so on......
Games with technologies of the near future......
Would u like to help me a bit,actually i have purchased 2 dvd games(company of heroes and ghost recon) but those games are really very slow on my system,this was not a problem for cd games,though i have 2 gb ram and 256 mb graphics card(ATI Raedon xpress 1100 series),have u any idea why this is happening......

How many GB do you like and what is your original space. 2 Gb is ok but you can upgrade to 4 GB and see whether it works.

What i would advise is don't buy the ram chips and use it immediately. See whether there are any spare ram chips or your friends using a 4Gb ram are willing to lend you. If they are willing test it out and see whether the game become faster

I also need to know some information

1) What is your processor?
2) How old is your laptop/computer?
3) Does other games lag when playing?

I have had a talk with hp customer support and they confirmed that maximum upgradation for my system is 2 gb.....
My processor is Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3 GHz
Its a dual core processor....
My computer is 4 years old....
Previously i had been playing cd games without any flaws but the 2 dvd games which i purchased are very slow or i should rather say that those games are lagging a lot,which makes the game experience terrible.....
Now i dont want to purchase and try anymore dvd games,this is another reason why i was looking for emperor battle for dune as it is a 4 cd game and shall definitely work well on my system.....

How big is the the two games. When you play did you install the game and play or play straight from the cd without installing it on your computer. What is your CPU usage?

1) Try updating all drivers
2) What is your graphcis card?

According to the internet, i found out that many people are having the same problems as you and most of them blame it on Vista. But in this link here, last post there seem to be a solutions. Not sure whether that works. Maybe you would like to give it a try. Good luck:)

All drivers are updated by me,the link which u r mentioning is about a registry booster and it is just a trial,it would detect and inform about the registry errors but will not clean it unless u purchase it so that solution is out of scene.....
And i have already mentioned that i am using ATI Raedon xpress 1100 series and it is 256 mb.....

Oh, sorry about the graphic card thing. I forgot. But still based on the link, it says most vista users are having the same problem as you. The problem may lies with vista OS. The two games you bought does it work on other OS too? If yes, try installing those games on another laptop with a different OS. If you do not have aother laptop, try installing another OS on your laptop/ computer. Back up your data on an external hard disk first.

I have genuine windows vista os,is it possible to remove this os and get another os and if so,how will i get another os,should i need to purchase another os,and if still yes than which one or should i borrow an os from one of my friend????????

You can borrow an installation disk from your friend. What OS does you game support too?

K,i'll try and borrow an installation disk from one of my friends.....
:)

Remember to back up your data on an external hard disk just in case your hard disk crash and you loose all data. You might want to backup your browser bookmarks too.

For sure,i'll keep that in mind........
Thanks again for your cooperation....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.