I m using windows 7 and firefox 5.0.My computer is not indicating internet access and also IE and google chrome is not working.Please tell me any solution.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Member Avatar for HASHMI007

download this browser ..

www.opera.com

If you don't have any active internet connections, firefox will work from cache.
In my case I have a bigger problem with Firefox, I have the latest version but time to time firefox slows my PC pretty strong.
I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL I watch the processes and I see Firefox using hundreds of Mb from cache, I think this is not right.
My PC recovers only if I kill the firefox.exe proces.
That's the reason for me to use IE.

Sorry i could have mentioned earlier thar firefox is working properly while

Firefox is working properly but IE is not and computer is indicating no internet access

It could be that all your browser is fine, only your internet connection doesn't working. On the internet access icon on system tray, did it show a small yellow exclamation icon or a red X icon?

reset router and modem, that workt for me.

hope this helps.

jeannot

Ok and it is indicating yellow sign

Ok and it is indicating yellow sign

Then your firefox and any browser is fine. You just need to check the internet connection.

Do this one by one...

- Reset (Off and On) your router. Make sure DNS and Internet light do blink or stay lit
- Unplug ethernet cable from both side (computer and router) and reseat them properly afterwards. You might want to check the cable condition first for any external problem
- Lastly check your driver in Device Manager (uninstall the network driver you're using. Then select scan for Hardware Changes and it'll install the missing driver automatically. Restart afterwards.

Kindly please post back here for results...

Member Avatar for W1ND0W5

Then your firefox and any browser is fine. You just need to check the internet connection.

Do this one by one...

- Reset (Off and On) your router. Make sure DNS and Internet light do blink or stay lit
- Unplug ethernet cable from both side (computer and router) and reseat them properly afterwards. You might want to check the cable condition first for any external problem
- Lastly check your driver in Device Manager (uninstall the network driver you're using. Then select scan for Hardware Changes and it'll install the missing driver automatically. Restart afterwards.

Kindly please post back here for results...

If all else fails it might be time to contact your service provider.

How can firefox be working when there is no internet connection. Pardon me but i just do not get it.

Open firefox and go to this website . It is just a random link i selected to see whether firefox is really working. If you are unable to go to the link that means firefox may be using your cache to access those websites and you think it is working.

Connect to the internet using an ethernet cable and see whether there is an internet connection. Go to your networking and sharing center and reconnect to your home network again.

check to make sure you're connected to the internet. You may also try some other online services like IM's and see if they work

Member Avatar for HASHMI007

You just need to check the internet connection.or ur lan Driver by goiong to device manager...

the problem have been solved by resetting the internet connection.thanx all. :)

You mean reset the router?

Member Avatar for W1ND0W5

You mean reset the router?

Probably.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.