Okay, ive been getting this error for quite a long time and i need to know how to fix it. Right now my computer is still up and running. Is there a program that might help prevent the error from occuring again?
Help pls

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

windows xp by the way >.<

windows xp by the way >.<

I would just recommand a reinstall honestly I think that would be the fastest solution.

Yes, a reinstall would fix it...but try to do a repair install first, so you dont lose all your data. More info on how to do this can be found here.

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

This should repair any critical system files that have become corrupt.

-T

Okay, ive been getting this error for quite a long time and i need to know how to fix it. Right now my computer is still up and running. Is there a program that might help prevent the error from occuring again?
Help pls

You need to use your Windows installation CD and choose option 'r'.

dude if your computer is still up and running while you get that error. apparently this file goes missing alot... and well just remeber back up your stuff thats the best advice i can give that hasnt already been said.

Help pls

Sorry I.m late. I know that this error is due to the OS's registry getting corrupt, which can be repaired using the OS install cd and using the "R" function, windows will ask twice to go to this function, use the second one after the F8 to agree to to the terms. The other thing that can be done is go to: start>run> and type in scannow sfc ( sfc=system file checker ) of which you will need the OS install cd.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.