Has anyone else been getting pop-ups saying 'This Computer is not running genuine windows' on Windows 7 recently ?

Is it real or fake ?

I m using Windows 7 Ultimate.
This pop-up contradicts the text in the system control panel which says 'Windows is activated'

Any ideas ?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It can be an error in Microsoft's servers - you should contact them. :)

Have you tried running a scan with your anti-malware suite? An additional scan with Malwarebytes? Sometimes this is a malware message and not one from Windows.

Yup.scanning has solved my problem.thanx all :)

if some one is install windows from unregistered software source then it is not genuine software having no registered certificate but still computer runs the window. it does not provide the security to the system, is it wise to install such softwares?

if some one is install windows from unregistered software source then it is not genuine software having no registered certificate but still computer runs the window. it does not provide the security to the system, is it wise to install such softwares?

There is a difference between unregistered software and software that does not have or is not eligible for a valid license. In the US (where I am writing from), registration is not required to have a warranty on items purchased, though some software vendors would require registration to access program updates. Unlicensed / pirate software is never legal here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.