I could not find a thread addressing my direct concern. I'm hoping the community can help me with this before I have to send my laptop out for a 2 week turnaround time. >_<

My Acer AS3820T freezes on boot screen. Does not load mobo bios and doesn't allow me to click by buttons to load bios (in this computer's case it's F2). BUUUUUT! When I click ESC, it restarts the mobo, and when I click CTRL+ALT+DEL, it shows info about the computer (i.e. processor, processor, hard drive).

I swapped the hard drive out, removed and reinstalled ram, but nothing changes. IDK if the problem was caused by Windows 7 or a bios update.

If you need more details, let me know.

Thanks DaniWeb

UPDATE!

So I swapped the SSD in the laptop with an HDD and the problem is gone. I can't seem to figure out why the laptop won't boot with an SSD in it. mobo BIOS remains the same and I tried to different SSDs and still the same issue.

Anybody have any ideas??

my dell desktop..........can't show display............then what to do.....

For your dell desktop: is your video cable connected to your motherboard or to a separate video card?

Try pressing the display button when you are booting. Then continue to press f8 until boot options then access files with safe mode.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.