ok i wanted to change my os from firefox to opera so i started to download the opera setup file names " ow32enen852.exe " i downloaded it twice the frist time i canceled the download the the second time i tryed to download it it finished but some error occoured and now when i try to delet them off my desktop it says its being used by another program i tryed booting in safe mode and it tell me the same thing what can i do to get rid of it? any suggentions would help thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

First off, changing your os (Operating system (ie Windows xp)) has nothing to do with your web browser (ie firefox). Changing your operating system, would be going from windows XP to OSX etc. Changing browsers is just changing the software you use to browse the internet.

As for deleteing that file, try PocketKillBox.

Usage Information:

Download this file, extract it, and run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X).

It will prompt you to reboot,allow it to do so, and hopefully your file will now be deleted.

thank you for the help i feel stupid forgetting that fire firefox is a web browser but anyway i put the full path to the file in killbox and clicked delete and it said " that the file dosent exist but thank you for the info you gave me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.