Hi Everyone,

I'm having such a frustrating problem with IE, I have recently reformatted my computer due to windows not running properly but now IE will not open links in a new window (it opens them fine on the same page).

I have tried running WinASO Registry Optimizer and repairing all the problems but this has not fixed the problem.

I have also tried the following with no change:

Start-->Run-->regsvr32 urlmon.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Msjava.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Browseui.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Shell32.dll

This is so frustrating. Does anyone have any more suggestions?

Just a quick update:
I thought perhaps it was a problem with IE and so went to www.mozilla.com and downloaded a new browser, but I am having the exact same problem with this browser so obviously it has something to do with the windows xp that I am running.
Any suggestions?

Just another update, I have realised that this problem is coming from my internet security (Norton Internet Security 2005) however, I can't work out how to fix it. If I disable the internet security it allows the links to open but I need to have internet security so this is not a good solution.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.