Thank you so much it worked and now I have sounded again you rock!!!!!!

I found a fix!

I had this problem as well. It happened randomly in the middle of downloading music.
But thanks to some tech help from another site, the fix was pretty easy.

Go to Start --> Run, and type in services.msc.

A window will pop up with a list of services. Scroll down to Windows Audio. Right-click
and click on Properties.

Make sure that "Startup type" is set to automatic. Also, make sure, under "Service
status," start is selected. (Mine was somehow set on stopped. I clicked start and
-- voila! -- it worked.)

Hope this works for you, too.

is there anything else you did by any chance because that trick did not work for me at all for some reason. I have the same computer as the one woman the IBMthnkpad and i have just noticed this problem today. & nothing is trying to work. and it is blocking everything i download also. anyone else have a solution. I might take my computer to the qeek squad

Hi everyone, I seem to be having a similar problem..
I recently had a power surge which fried my graphics card, & I just got my computer back. Everything was working fine previously, but now I get the error message, "There are no active mixer devices available. To install blah blah blah" when I try to open 'Volume Control'.
I tried the 'services.msc' fix, & everything appeared normal. Automatic, running, etc.
When I enter Control Panel, Printers & Other Hardware, Audio & etc Devices, it says "No Audio Device" under Volume, as well as "No Playback/Recording/MIDI Devices".
I've also tried reinstalling my audo driver, which I believe is ATI High Definition Audio Device, but I s'pose it might also be Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx)...

Thank's, this fix worked for me also. Fo some reason the sound went poof. When I followed your instructions I found the sound system in stop, restart and all is well...again.
Thank you again

Jim

thanks, it worked.

im havin this problem right now, all the things you guys said to do were already working i stil cant figure it out
help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tried all these situation and read everything on the entire board.
ran Belarc: got this:

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

System Locale: English (United States) Compaq Presario 061 PN233AA-ABA SR1222NX NA440 0n81411RE101GROUP00
System Serial Number: MXM44307HX

Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.93 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Not hyper-threaded Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. Grouper 1.xx
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 3.28 01/23/2006

Ive tried the services, wasn't able to because it was fine. Yes i have grayed out area for sounds. i lost my on board devices.

any info would be great will check back constantly.. TY

JOSH

Well, guess I give up. Seems to be a common issue. There MUST be an answer to as why this happens and there must be an easier way of reversing the issue. Seem rather silly I have to reinstall the OS. But, so be it. There's my solution.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Well, guess I give up. Seems to be a common issue. There MUST be an answer to as why this happens and there must be an easier way of reversing the issue. Seem rather silly I have to reinstall the OS. But, so be it. There's my solution.

Well i will ad this
I have reinstalled windows about 5 times in the past week+

I have yeat to figure out this issue. yes reinstall does fix it, but, i can not produce the same results. then out of no where the mixer disappears.

I have an IT professional looking at it this weekend. I will keep you all updated.

BTW i have installed, TinyXP, XpPro, Home and windows 7.. all having the same issues..

this is ridiculous.

AND when plugg in the speaker in while it does have the mixer, it freezes the USB mouse, HOWEVER when I am logged in remotely, i can control the mouse even though its frozen on the actual system, so weird..

Will get back.. you have ma word. this issue is killing me..

I found a fix!

I had this problem as well. It happened randomly in the middle of downloading music.
But thanks to some tech help from another site, the fix was pretty easy.

Go to Start --> Run, and type in services.msc.

A window will pop up with a list of services. Scroll down to Windows Audio. Right-click
and click on Properties.

Make sure that "Startup type" is set to automatic. Also, make sure, under "Service
status," start is selected. (Mine was somehow set on stopped. I clicked start and
-- voila! -- it worked.)

Hope this works for you, too.

i Have this problem but minet was already started, i tryed to get some sound but my computer still has no sound...

Thankuuuu so much :)

hey thanks for trying to help me but my computer volume control is stuff it keeps saying this:

there are no active mixer availiable. to install mixer devices, go to control panel,click printers and other hardware, and then click add hardware.

this program will now close.

and thats it and i follow instuctions on what to do but i dont have a clue how to do it so can anyone pls give me an easyier example on how to do this ... thanks :)

this worked beautiful post long life for kurama52

its 2010 and this fix worked great for me! Thx

hey thanks for trying to help me but my computer volume control is stuff it keeps saying this:

there are no active mixer availiable. to install mixer devices, go to control panel,click printers and other hardware, and then click add hardware.

this program will now close.

and thats it and i follow instuctions on what to do but i dont have a clue how to do it so can anyone pls give me an easyier example on how to do this ... thanks :)

This will help you solve all audio issues

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01427349&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Kurama52, you are an angel. Thank you so much for taking the time to type this info. I for one wouldn't give a damn to help but you shed some light to do unto other what would I like to be done for me. Thanks a million.

Thank you sooooooo much for this post!!! I now have sound again!

thanks so much :)

THANKS - Kurama52
VIOLA IS RIGHT!
Your tip solved the problem.

I wasted time updating, disabling, restoring - Nothing worked.

Take Care

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.