Hi all,

Heres my problem, not sure if this is the right place but daniweb users seem to answer every other question I have so here goes.

I have windows 7 on my laptop. I have a repair disc that I have made from the same machine when it was working. Now after my mum done something to it, it won't start up. So I have put the repair disc in, booted it from the cd, and I have got to the language select screen. Selected it, and clicked to continue. Then it gets to a windows background and does nothing, like it's frozen.

Can anybody solve this one? I'd be so happy to do it myself rather than take it somewhere.

Cheers all

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I can also get the f 2 8 and 12 screens open if this is useful

try to check cooling system cause ma laptop vhave the same problems but i solved it by increasing heat think compoud

Maybe the repair disk is corrupted. Try to download a new one from the internet with other computer and burn another repair disk. Additionally, XP repair disk may also work for some basic windows problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.