Hello, I want to restart my dell computer and erase evrything from my hard drive. I have alot of old junk so I tried deleting everything. Folders and diffirent things. Its slow and freezes after two minutes of turning it on. My computer starts and then turns off and a blue screens pops up saying that there was an error. What can I do? I do have the CD's that came with the computer. :sad: PLease help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You should have a recovery CD or windows installation CD that came with the comp. You want to start the comp, put in the CD and walk through the step-by-step process to reinstall. It is fairly self explanatory once you get the CD in. If your comp does not have enough time to read the CD, reboot it while the CD is still inside.

Hope that helps

Hello, I want to restart my dell computer and erase evrything from my hard drive. I have alot of old junk so I tried deleting everything. Folders and diffirent things. Its slow and freezes after two minutes of turning it on. My computer starts and then turns off and a blue screens pops up saying that there was an error. What can I do? I do have the CD's that came with the computer. :sad: PLease help.

You will need to contact Dell for a replacement recovery CD

ok i have lost my recovery dick for my dell computer it is a dell inspiron 530s its not running good .got to much old junk in it could i have a rocovery disk sent to me or ill buy one . i use it for my childs medicine a lot k so plz let me no something ok thank you very much i have a child thats mental ill k . gratley appreciated to

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.