Hello, I tried to access my folder which includes various text documents of my job but the folder won't open. I did Disk Defragment but it still won't work. I also tried to delete this folder cause at least I would control these files from the recycle bin and the folder won't get deleted. Does anybody knows what's going on?

PS: Sorry for my poor english.

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

Which folder? What version of Windows? Is it only this folder that has the problem? What are some of the details of the history of the problem?
In order for us to help you most quickly, you need to give us as much specific detail as possible.

I would check on the properties tab, look at the permissions, make sure you are listed as owner, if not you will have to take permissions by clicking the add in the securities tab,adavanced tab, from there you may have to click on the owner tab and replace owner on subcontainer or objects, the check apply. This should help you. PS you do have to be a administrator

Which folder? What version of Windows? Is it only this folder that has the problem? What are some of the details of the history of the problem?
In order for us to help you most quickly, you need to give us as much specific detail as possible.

I've never have any problem like this before, I got Windows XP Professional, and yeah, this is the only folder that got a problem like this.

richh0323: I already tried to do all that, but nothing less..

bump

You say you have checked the properties, what are they? Do you show that there are files in the folder? What message do you get when you try to access it?

richh0323: I ain't got a message when I try to access it, I just hear a sound like "Beep"
and gemini, thanks for the link but it seems like it can't help me...

Perform a check disk.

Go in My COmputer, right click on your system drive, click Tools on the top and then click Error Checking. Put check mark in both boxes, say yes to schedule the scan when the system starts and hopefully that will help.

Perform a check disk.

Go in My COmputer, right click on your system drive, click Tools on the top and then click Error Checking. Put check mark in both boxes, say yes to schedule the scan when the system starts and hopefully that will help.

Already tried this way, but when the check disk finish, it shows me an error that the disk check can't finish...

Already tried this way, but when the check disk finish, it shows me an error that the disk check can't finish...

Well then here's an error that you should have shared with us from the beggining. You either have some damaged clusters on your hard disk or your file system is corrupt beyond recovery at least for Windows.

You could use a little program called SpinRite that recovers data from damaged hard drives or if you don't want to go through the expense you coud simply backup the accessible data from the damaged partition and then full format. If the full format fails you need to buy a new HDD

Well then here's an error that you should have shared with us from the beggining. You either have some damaged clusters on your hard disk or your file system is corrupt beyond recovery at least for Windows.

You could use a little program called SpinRite that recovers data from damaged hard drives or if you don't want to go through the expense you coud simply backup the accessible data from the damaged partition and then full format. If the full format fails you need to buy a new HDD

Alright, I will check this program and I'll let you know... Anyways thanks for the help.

Try running chkdsk from the recovery console. I find that chkdsk runs a much more thorough check from there. At the recovery console, type 'chkdsk /r C:'..or whatever drive letter you want to fix.

If the boot record is corrupt, type fixboot to repair the boot record.

goldeagle2005, chkdsk command won't success... something's corrupted on my disk and in session 3 it stucks.

gemini, i got spinrite from somewhere..but how it does work?

Thanks... Anyways, the command chkdsk /r C: worked, but it deleted the folder...Why?

Because it couldn't recover the corrupted data.

You maybe able to find out if the data is still there. You have to have a second hard drive that is bootable. You can download this program for free, but if you want to recover any data you would have to buy the key.

http://www.stellarinfo.com//partition-recovery.htm

It works great I have used it myself.

Like you said, I tried Phoenix yesterday, but it seems like this program can't help me.

Come on!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.