Hello, wondering if i can get some advice on this problem. Basically when i connect anything through the USB port and try to install it through the Found New Hardware Wizard, at the end it'll tell me

"There was a problem installing this hardware
*Name of device*
An error occured during the installation of the device
The system cannot find the file specified"

And then the little balloon that comes up on the task bar says "A problem occured during hardware installation. Your new hardware may not work properly" or something like that. However with a memory stick, it still works fine and i can view files, save stuff on it, etc no problems. But when i tried to use a wireless transceiver, it just wouldn't work i.e. I can't see it in the My Computer window. This computer is literally just a month old, so was it just badly built? I try to install the hardware manually, but i get the same error.
Please help, it's a pretty good computer otherwise and this little nagging problem just makes it look bad.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Doesn't sound like a poorly built system. Sounds like you're not using the correct drivers for the wireless device. If it doesn't prompt you for the drivers when you plug it in, then wait for the error messages (meaning it's done attempting auto-install), go to the Device Manager, and install the correct drivers.

Hello, wondering if i can get some advice on this problem. Basically when i connect anything through the USB port and try to install it through the Found New Hardware Wizard, at the end it'll tell me

"There was a problem installing this hardware
*Name of device*
An error occured during the installation of the device
The system cannot find the file specified"

And then the little balloon that comes up on the task bar says "A problem occured during hardware installation. Your new hardware may not work properly" or something like that. However with a memory stick, it still works fine and i can view files, save stuff on it, etc no problems. But when i tried to use a wireless transceiver, it just wouldn't work i.e. I can't see it in the My Computer window. This computer is literally just a month old, so was it just badly built? I try to install the hardware manually, but i get the same error.
Please help, it's a pretty good computer otherwise and this little nagging problem just makes it look bad.

uninstall the device and then again reinstall it
this will solve ur problem
use only the drivers that comes with ur device manufacturer.

OK guys, will try out what you say. Thanks very much

I know it's a bit(!) late in the day, but just in case anyone was wondering, the computer's fine now and has been for some time now, guess it was just a driver issue :-p

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.