Im learning in school how to use Windows Server 2008 but im not that good in it, I have a book from the school and going to read it during christmas break to unterstand it better but do you guys have any tips on learning it.

This is the book I have from the school for the class Im going to read:
http://freeebooksearch.net/pics/58b30_microsoft_windows_41ToaGXYS6L.jpg

I have school so I dont have much time to sit down and read it slowly to understand it.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It's always beneficial to have the product in front of you while you are learning. It is for me anyway. MS has 2008 server available for download with a trail license. You should load this up on a machine or a VM and use it while learning.

I would agree that the VM option is the best choice for getting into the weeds when it comes to learning an operating system. Without some hands-on, the reading isnt going to sink in.

Fortunately for you, there are many VM products which are free for download (Microsoft Virtual PC, VMWare Player, and VirtualBox.

I already have VMware and server 2008 to work with

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.