Hey everyone. Nice to meet you all, this is my first time at this place.

I am having problems connecting to the internet using my laptop. A few weeks ago I was able to connect to the internet using the "Local Area Connection" in "Network Connections".

I went away for Easter, and since returning, when I open up the Network Connections window there is no Local Area Connection option. No internet access. I think this means that my computer cannot find or recognise my network adapter, or something like that.

Could it be something within Services? Or something in the computer's registry? (I changed a few values in the registry a while I was away in an attempt to clear up a different, totally unrelated issue... call me an idiot, it's fine)

So yeah, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Right click My Computer -- go to manage -- device manager and see if your ethernet card has been disabled or not ... or is there an ethernet card in device manager ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.