I have a Sony Vaio E series premium laptop and after upgrading to windows 8 I got the "IOLORGDF32 Program not found skip autocheck" problem that seems to be pretty common when upgrading on a Vaio. So I found this tutorial on how to get rid of it and tried to follow it to the best of my ability. The problem arose around step 6 and I think I ended up in HKEY_LOCAL instead of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and so I ended up deleting the session manager registry key because that's what showed up when I searched iolorgdf32. Now my computer won't boot and isn't able to auto repair itself. I did make a backup of the registry key before I deleted it and saved it to My Documents because I didn't know where else to save it to. Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you can't implement the registry key back-up. On a different computer (obviously) download ubuntu and burn it to a CD.
Boot your computer from the CD drive.
Access C:\ and replace the damaged/missing registry files with your back ups.

Avoid using regedit at all costs, there is usually a less risky way to solve things.

Thank you for the reply. I created an ubuntu live CD and have accessed C:\ but I can't find the .reg files. I think they might be in System32 but I can't find anything that ends with .reg and even if I did I'm not sure exactly what Session Manager is named. Any ideas?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.