Creative Audigy 2
600Watt PSU (New)
USB DEVICES:
-Wireless Mouse/KB HP
-Gigaport USB Soundcard (8out)
-MD-PS1 Motion Dive
-Dazzle Video Capture
-WD 350GB SEHD

My computer is running good only shutsdown when doing this intances.

Converting/compiling/decoding project to video file i.e. Windows Movie Maker..save to my computer.. (5-10 minutes shutsdown )

Ripping video from a camera source passing through a USB Video Capture (5-10 minutes also)

Motion.Dive.Tokyo MD-PS1 USB Video Mixer, same thing shutsdown.

I thought it was a USB issue but it also shutsdown when i'm decoding video without any USB devices plugged-in except dor the Wireless Mouse/Keyboard (HP).

Everything else is fine, I can watch DVD, rip mp3s, DLs from Limewire, emule for hours even days.

:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Can you check your CPU temperatures? If this is only happening when you're doing CPU intensive tasks like encoding, you could have a CPU thermal problem, or perhaps even bad RAM.

How hot is the air coming out of the back of your PSU? That could even be suspect.

Can you check your CPU temperatures? If this is only happening when you're doing CPU intensive tasks like encoding, you could have a CPU thermal problem, or perhaps even bad RAM.

How hot is the air coming out of the back of your PSU? That could even be suspect.

My cpu temp is 49-52 with fanspeed 2980 rpm. My cpu is cool i guess. I just bought new SATA disk and installed new OS. If it shutsdown again, ill test the RAm like you said, because i have a mixed ram, Ill just use the same freq/speed/model, and if it doesnt work. Ill replace the mobo.

I already bought the ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe, not enough money for the rest :). Stucked with the old 478socket Intel.

Thanks a bunch.

I found the problem and it is the CPU, i updated the bios coz its not getting the right TEMP from the CPU, says the new bios. :) Whats funny is i replaced it with an Intel p4 3.0 that survived in my washing machine and dryer. Yep, it is still running good, and getting no shutdown so far.

... i replaced it with an Intel p4 3.0 that survived in my washing machine and dryer.

You're really supposed to dry clean those things, you know.
I mean, sure- the washer/dryer trick usually works, but getting the wrinkles ironed out of a good CPU can be a big pain... :mrgreen:

You're really supposed to dry clean those things, you know.
I mean, sure- the washer/dryer trick usually works, but getting the wrinkles ironed out of a good CPU can be a big pain... :mrgreen:

You mean to tell me people actually wash their CPUs? In a washing machine? You have to be kidding me....

You mean to tell me people actually wash their CPUs? In a washing machine? You have to be kidding me....

Nope!....:)
It was my spare Intel 4 Processor that i forgot to remove in my jacket pocket. I just thought putting it in the board for testing coz im eager to build new Computer neways, and amazingly it still running good. I'm playing HL2 and happy with my current specs. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.