I found this in a few different places around the 'net - hopefully it's helpful:

You Can Bypass the Recycle Bin On the Fly.
To bypass the Recycle Bin on a one-time basis, when you are deleting a file (or a group of selected files):

• Press and hold down the shift-key while you press the del-key (or use the delete command). You receive the following confirmation-request message:

Are you sure you want to send <filename> to the Recycle Bin?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I found this in a few different places around the 'net - hopefully it's helpful:

You Can Bypass the Recycle Bin On the Fly.
To bypass the Recycle Bin on a one-time basis, when you are deleting a file (or a group of selected files):

• Press and hold down the shift-key while you press the del-key (or use the delete command). You receive the following confirmation-request message:

Are you sure you want to send <filename> to the Recycle Bin?

This is wrong Dani.. When you press SHIFT and DELETE on a file it says: "Are you sure you wanna remove XXXX???" cause you are BYPASSING the recycle bin :)

You posted the response you get when you normally delete a file!

Yes the dude is rite. And i thot everbody knew this as its very basic.. Isn't it?

Well she was probably busy @ the time of posting and wasnt thinking 100% on the topic..

Its OK :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.