I know this sounds funny but I can't find what took all My HD space. I am running win xp with a 60 gig HD. I was trying to switch a mpg file to a svcd file using a program called XMEG. Everything was going fine until I got the little popup box at the lower right of my screen telling me I was running out of HD space. I now only have about 5 gigs (and thats after I deleted a bunch of stuff from my HD). I looked everywhere for what I would think would be a large easy to find file, but I've had no luck in it! Is there anyone out there who knows where my poor poor HD space went? I miss him so!!!!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Again nevermind, I fixed it myself! Thx for nothing! Again!!! All I did was delete norton protected files and i got all my hd space back. I would have figured that one of the techies would have got it but i guess not!

Maybe if you were that smart you would have set the protected files size when you installed Norton!!

I never once said I was that smart...if I did please show me where!

Again nevermind, I fixed it myself! Thx for nothing! Again!!!

Sometimes it takes longer than 24 hours for someone to read your post, especially on a weekend.

And just a FYI, in order to use the word "again" means you have to have stated something previously, which you didn't. As in, again nevermind. You didn't say you fixed it until AFTER that comment.

And just a note, if you want to get pissed for nobody seeing your post and responding, that's fine. Just keep that in mind the next time you ask for help and wonder why nobody responds...

Sometimes it takes longer than 24 hours for someone to read your post, especially on a weekend.

And just a FYI, in order to use the word "again" means you have to have stated something previously, which you didn't. As in, again nevermind. You didn't say you fixed it until AFTER that comment.

And just a note, if you want to get pissed for nobody seeing your post and responding, that's fine. Just keep that in mind the next time you ask for help and wonder why nobody responds...

thx for the heads up bucky

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.