I have this AVG Tuneup 2014 installed days ago, expired free trial and of course, like many other software, will ask you to buy the pro version. I would love to buy the pro version but I just do not have a credit card yet (common in my country).
So I tried to uninstall this, BUT, after clikcing the Uninstall button in Control Panel, pops up a message telling you the things it will cost your computer due to the uninstallation, gives you two options YES to uninstall, NO otherwise.

CLick Yes and it won't do anything, Click NO, and it will cancel the uninstallation. Shame on AVG for doing that. Like they do not want you to remove the software!

Anyway, I found this same thread on a different website, but the solution does not work. The solution there was to download the installer again, will give you the option to uninstall the current one and install the new one. But of course, I won't install it again. Are there any other workarounds for this?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What actually worked was very simple. Click the "Uninstall" button rather than double-clicking the AVG Program on the list. This is solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.