i am backing up some software. however some of it does not like being copied. what software will alow bit per bit copy of a cd. or software than will make a perfect image of software

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

i am backing up some software. however some of it does not like being copied. what software will alow bit per bit copy of a cd. or software than will make a perfect image of software

I hate to sound like a broken record, but the Knoppix live Linux-on-CD can do this; it has a program called Partition Image that can create a drive image file and QTPartEd to manipulate partitions. It's free, of course.

Another tip: hard drive manufacturers often provide free cloning software so you can transfer data to your "new" drive. Check their web sites for downloads. I know that Maxtor and Western Digital have this.

what, exactly, does cdrdao do?

what, exactly, does cdrdao do?

It's a CD-burning program, primarily for audio CDs -- "CD-R disc-at-once".

I am backing up some software. however some of it does not like being copied. what software will alow bit per bit copy of a cd. or software than will make a perfect image of software

I'm sorry, my original answer was based on a mis-read of your question (my eyes must have been on sideways that night)... Tekmaven is right, BlindWrite and CloneCD are the answers for most situations. There may be others, including free.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.