I have discovered that I have the [email="sobigf@mm"]sobigf@mm[/email] virus on my home xp. I have run symantic and microtrend virus removal tools. One says that I have the virus and couldn't remove it, the other says that It did not locate the virus on my computer. However, my computer is running slower and slower every time i use it. Any suggestions? I need some help.
Thanks, Bill

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have discovered that I have the [email="sobigf@mm"]sobigf@mm[/email] virus on my home xp. I have run symantic and microtrend virus removal tools. One says that I have the virus and couldn't remove it, the other says that It did not locate the virus on my computer. However, my computer is running slower and slower every time i use it.

Here is the link to the information on this virus, and here is the link to the removal tool for it (is that the tool thay you ran?).

You may also have other malware on your system--that kind of crap seems to travel in packs. See my "article and links" in my sig for more information. You should run HijackThis per the explicit instructions given and post the results here.

Tried Stinger?

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

It's not a replacement for a good virus removal program, but it can take care of specific viruses mentioned on their site. Just follow the instructions, and it may be able to handle your issue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.