Have a GMAIL account; And my system was attacked by virus. while I can open any of the websites including google, but when I try accessing www.gmail.com it goes into page not found and auto search=help kind of stuff. How do overcome this? or is GMAIL really down ?

I will appreciate if any body can provide me any help.
thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

May still have a virus.

Download HijackThis (current verison is v1.99.1)

or here (Alternate 1, a self-extracting zip file)
or here (Alternate 2, an *.exe file)

Make a new folder to put your HijackThis.exe into.

(Anywhere on your hard drive is fine other than your Desktop or the Temp folder. Suitable examples are:

• C:HijackThis
  • C:Programshijackthis
  • C:WindowsMy DocumentsHJT

but feel free to use any name.)

Extract and save the HijackThis download to the new folder you made. Then navigate to it and run HijackThis from there. (This is to ensure it makes the necessary backups for recovery if fixes are made) Then, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and click Scan.

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Press that and copy & paste its contents in your reply. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't try to fix anything yourself.

Thanks.

And, we will check you out.

Dude, it is all done by one virus! I had this for 3 days!
install Kaspersky internet security package and you will kill all these worms and trojans causing this in 5 min. I had that done, uninstalled all other useless antiviruses, firewalls, and it WORKS! Trust me , it is well worth $30 !!! :)

Have a GMAIL account; And my system was attacked by virus. while I can open any of the websites including google, but when I try accessing www.gmail.com it goes into page not found and auto search=help kind of stuff. How do overcome this? or is GMAIL really down ?

I will appreciate if any body can provide me any help.
thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.