There is no start menu or no desktop icons when i start up my computer regularly and the same when I start up in Safe Mode. I can control alt delete and access programs. Also when i type Explorer in run I can see the start menu flash. Thanks in advance for any help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi, welcome to daniweb forums!
it's a bit strange, i've never faced such problems. have you tried to reapir windows with installation cd?

I would do a scan for spyware i have come accross this a few times and its normally spyware. Bit unusual that your having the same problem in safe mode though.

There is no start menu or no desktop icons when i start up my computer regularly and the same when I start up in Safe Mode. I can control alt delete and access programs. Also when i type Explorer in run I can see the start menu flash. Thanks in advance for any help.

I agree Spyware/Malware may cause this, but I have seen this problem resolved by just doubling your RAM. As you use more and more applications, and updates etc, your PC may not have enough Ram to boot and load all the startup progs. You could also turn off all unnecassary progs in Start Up, see if that helps. Eamonn.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.