Hi all,
I'm new here, and I hope you can help me out....

When starting up my pc (win 2000), it seems to go through the starting up process alright, but once the windows 2000 progress bar is completed, the screen suddenly blacks out and tells me "input signal out of range", and after a few seconds goes into power saving mode.
I can hear the pc's hard drive activity, but apparently somehow it doesn't get the signal to the screen (LG Flatron).

I suspects it's got something to do with the screen resolution. I lended my pc to a friend whose computer crashed, and supposedly she changed the resolution. Now my question is, can I change the screen's resolution BEFORE it starts up Windows 2000? For instance in that frighteningly black screen where all those intimidating commands are flashing by (<PRESS F1> etc....)?

Oh, erm... one thing: when explaining things to me, please bear in mind I'm a mac user, so I'm not too familiar with pc terminology.

Thanks in advance,
I'm counting on you....

Jenny

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try going into safe mode. Usually pressing f8 as pc is booting up. You should be able to change it in there.

I did. But when I rebooted, nothing had changed. :sad:

Try going into safe mode. Usually pressing f8 as pc is booting up. You should be able to change it in there.

I found the solution:
In safe mode I upgraded the Intel Graphic Controller.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.