I have a gateway model m275 laptop that won't save usernames and passwords in anything. I've tried various tech supports but no one has an answer. This computer is about 18 months old. Can anyone help me??

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This is not a problem of the laptop manufacturer.
What is the Operating System?
What are the applications for which you are trying to save usernames and passwords?

This is not a problem of the laptop manufacturer.
What is the Operating System?
What are the applications for which you are trying to save usernames and passwords?

The Operating System is XP. This comes with anything I'm trying to save a username and password in. From my Bank information to the this website and anything else. All other computers I use usually save the information and will repopulate by just putting in the first letter or number of the Username. This one will not let me do this. I must retype everything, everytime.

what is the internet browser you are using?

I am using Internet Explorer and also Mozilla Firefox from time to time. The same thing happens on both.

In firefox go to
Tools-->Options--->Privacy--->Saved Forms or
Tools-->Options--->Privacy--->Passwords and see if those options are enabled.
But enabling that options is a bit risky if you ask me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.