help!!! I just reinstalled XP home and i get that error that mixer devices not installed. does anyone know what drivers i need for that and where do i get them from?:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Sounds like there's a problem with your sound card drivers. Take a look in your device manager to see what you're missing. You can access the device manager from Start/Run/devmgmt.msc

help!!! I just reinstalled XP home and i get that error that mixer devices not installed. does anyone know what drivers i need for that and where do i get them from?

it seems to me that you don't have sound drivers installed. first of of all is you sound card inbuilt? if yes, try to find motherboard driver, they should contain these drivers or visit your MoBo manufacturer site.

Sounds like there's a problem with your sound card drivers. Take a look in your device manager to see what you're missing. You can access the device manager from Start/Run/devmgmt.msc

just to let all of you know about the mixer devices errors. the problem took care of itself for some reason. I think that the automatic updates took care of that problem. you know the ones on shutdown. thank you all for all of the FYI.

also try the audio codecs for your system. its located in the device manager under sound , video, and game controllers then under properties. im not sure but it is a possibility

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.