FILE BACKUP AND TRANSFER SOFTWARE - BEST...!!!

Hi everyone...!!!

WHICH IS THE BEST SOFTWARE (PREFERABLY FREEWARE) CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR FILE BACK UP AND TRANSFER...??????? (NOT SYSTEM CLONING but only data/file backup and transfer)

Scenario:

I am having one Hard Disk of say 200 GB with three partitions 20 GB; 40GB; and 140 GB
Balance.

There is a huge amount of valuable data (only) of somehwhat say 70 GB on 3rd partition of 140 GB.

I want to move (transfer - not back up) this 70 GB of voluminous data from this 3rd
partition to another Hard disk of 160 GB where there is already data of 30 GB.

I dont want to do CUT - PASTE...(bcz long file names are not copied and if there is a
problem in copying at any stage the entire copying procedure stops in between and then its diffuclt to track in thousands of folders and files what has been copied and what not)

I cannot clone as in that case destination data of 30 GB will be lost...whereas my goal is
to add 70 GB of data from partition 3 of hard disk one to already existing 30 GB data of
hard disk 2...without destroying data in hard disk 2 (which would happen in cloning or
image recovery)

Request:

Can i request all OF U TO PLZ SUGGEST ME Some way / idea / software / trick/ mechanism so that i can freely move large amount of data - be it transfer or copying from one partition to another partition of same hard disk or another hard disk....???

WHICH IS THE BEST SOFTWARE (PREFERABLY FREEWARE) CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR FILE BACK UP AND TRANSFER...??????? (NOT SYSTEM CLONING but only data/file backup and transfer)

I hope I have been able to explain my situation clearly and hence would urge plz plz to put forward valuable suggestions and replies....

Thanks and Best Regards

sunando ghosh

sunando

first of all most of backup prog can make image either of the whole system and stand alone files and folders.

I am having one Hard Disk of say 200 GB with three partitions 20 GB; 40GB; and 140 GB
Balance.

There is a huge amount of valuable data (only) of somehwhat say 70 GB on 3rd partition of 140 GB.

I want to move (transfer - not back up) this 70 GB of voluminous data from this 3rd
partition to another Hard disk of 160 GB where there is already data of 30 GB.

I dont want to do CUT - PASTE...(bcz long file names are not copied and if there is a
problem in copying at any stage the entire copying procedure stops in between and then its diffuclt to track in thousands of folders and files what has been copied and what not)

I cannot clone as in that case destination data of 30 GB will be lost...whereas my goal is
to add 70 GB of data from partition 3 of hard disk one to already existing 30 GB data of
hard disk 2...without destroying data in hard disk 2 (which would happen in cloning or
image recovery)

remarks on your scenario.
about loosing long file names, it wouldn't happen if the file system is NTFS, coz it doesn't have limitations on long name like fat or fat32 FSs.

simple coping data won't affect you existenting data, so do it without any fear.

one of the best ones is true image, it has capability to clone files and folders as good as system cloning, so i recomend this one.

good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.