I have windows XP home on 2 machines in my house, and I was wondering if there was a way to add the 'Remote Desktop Server' like there is in xp pro/2k3 so that I can remote desktop into my home machine. I've searched microsofts website and haven't found much information about it. :rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

As you seem to know, XP Home only has the Remote Desktop client software, but there are a couple of good (and free) third-party RD solutions which will do the job for you quite well. Both the client and the server components of these programs will also work on other versions of Windows. They work on Linux too, if you're *cough* *plug* interested in that OS. :D

Try VNC or TightVNC

I would recommand www.radmin.com it's cheap small easy and I find it killer compared to all the web based ones and I find it killer compared to VNC & PC Anywhere. Give it a try and leave us your feedback.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.