Hello everyone, I have a problem.

I have a custom rig that I have used for maybe 5 months. It had an Intel board that I just swapped out with an Asus. It was working wonderfully until 3 days ago. I hibernated my computer and it would not boot. As in not going past the XP loadup screen where the little bar moves side to side.

On a normal boot, my G15 keyboard lights up just after my sound device engages and I would be on my desktop in around 15 seconds. This is not the case. The XP bar freezes and it stays on that load screen forever.

This sucks! I'm stuck using my mom's computer! I have cleared the CMOS, I swapped out my SATA cable, I have just reinstalled and reformatted (which worked untill I restarted,) and am having the same problem. I am most assured it is my motherboard, but I need certified advice. Thanks so much, your input it valued!

-Anthony

EDIT: My computer does not restart itself or anything of the sort.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello everyone, I have a problem.

I have a custom rig that I have used for maybe 5 months. It had an Intel board that I just swapped out with an Asus. It was working wonderfully until 3 days ago. I hibernated my computer and it would not boot. As in not going past the XP loadup screen where the little bar moves side to side.

On a normal boot, my G15 keyboard lights up just after my sound device engages and I would be on my desktop in around 15 seconds. This is not the case. The XP bar freezes and it stays on that load screen forever.

This sucks! I'm stuck using my mom's computer! I have cleared the CMOS, I swapped out my SATA cable, I have just reinstalled and reformatted (which worked untill I restarted,) and am having the same problem. I am most assured it is my motherboard, but I need certified advice. Thanks so much, your input it valued!

-Anthony

EDIT: My computer does not restart itself or anything of the sort.

Swapping mainboards needs reinstallation of OS's because there is differences with mainboard drivers, But I am sure you already heard all about that from your pals. You can start from scratch make your comp boot the drivers on the mainboard cd, then the installation of widows again. It is best not to take that kinda stuff apart.

RAM. Swap out your RAM sticks. But first, you could change your BIOS settings so that it does the extended POST check [enable extended checking], and pause the POST when it finishes the RAM check - see how much you have that is ok, or if there are errors.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.