I just recently got a new computer from ibuypower. I also bought a windows XP installation with it. After turning on the computer, the installation auto ran and goes through the process, I clicked f8 enter enter and it brings me to the part where you choose where or which part of the space ti install the windows on. After that part, it comes an error. Says,
Technical Information:
Stop; 0X00000050 ( 0X8EEAF728, 0X00000000, 0XF74139A8, 0X000000)
Set up DD.SYS-Address F74139A8 base at F73EC000, Date stamp 41107C8F

Also, I found that at the choice of selecting which space to install in, all the choices says no hard drive found. So I think the hard drive isn't connected to the mother board. If that's the case, how can I connect it and fix it?

Any helps will be appreciate it!
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I just recently got a new computer from ibuypower. I also bought a windows XP installation with it. After turning on the computer, the installation auto ran and goes through the process, I clicked f8 enter enter and it brings me to the part where you choose where or which part of the space ti install the windows on. After that part, it comes an error. Says,
Technical Information:
Stop; 0X00000050 ( 0X8EEAF728, 0X00000000, 0XF74139A8, 0X000000)
Set up DD.SYS-Address F74139A8 base at F73EC000, Date stamp 41107C8F

Also, I found that at the choice of selecting which space to install in, all the choices says no hard drive found. So I think the hard drive isn't connected to the mother board. If that's the case, how can I connect it and fix it?

Any helps will be appreciate it!
Thanks

open the case amd make sure there is even a harddrive in it .also did you restart and try the setup again ,you say when you turned it on that setup started auto ,did you buy winxp and did it come on a cdrom disk .

yes im sure there is a hard drive in there on the bottom of the case, it looks like a bos. and yes i did buy a windows xp with the computer. i think the problem is, hard drive isnt connected to the mother board, how would i do that?

the first site went rhtu all the steps, it was ez but i cant find the cable that fits the harddrive lol.
thnz cap, my problrem is solved

the first site went rhtu all the steps, it was ez but i cant find the cable that fits the harddrive lol.
thnz cap, my problrem is solved

your welcome,good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.