Hello all.

I have Read around the interent looking up this problem i have with my Computer Randomly Rebooting. Most Topics or articles have given me little to no help, so i hope someone can figure this out.

This Random Restarting has been going on for about the last couple weeks. My first guess was the old Operating system, it was a version of XP i had used from a friend and i belive it was not legal since i couldn't update it. So I replaced it With a Brandnew copy of Windows XP Media Center Editon. The Install went well, and everything seemed fine. A few min later as i was installing my programs what do you know. It restarts. :eek:

So My first thought was to install a program called "AbitEQ" from the mobo driver disc. It monitors the systems temps, fan speed, Voltage, and all that good stuff. So i install it and go about my business installing my other programs. Then again it restarts. So i read the error log from the AbitEQ and it says Warning : -5v is at 3.55v. So i now think its the Power Supply. I just happen to have another PSU on hand and i replace it. Yet again its restarts. But i am not getting the " warning: -5v is at 3.55v" it reads it as -5.55v all it good.

So i take another look at the Old PSU and discover its missing the -5v wire on the 20pin connector going to my mobo. Now since the computer is still restarting at random i am guessing this isnt the problem.

I replug in the old PSU and it boots fine. I then check all the Connections , the mobo screws, jumpers, everything. It all checks out fine. Yet again any time, it could be 30 sec or 3 weeks , it restarts.

if there is anything you can offer as help, or advise let me know.

below are my system specs:
AMD 2700+ xp
Abit NF-7 Mobo
BFG Nvidia Gforce 6600 GT
500W PSU
3 gigs ram PC2700 (3 x 1 gig sticks)

any thing else i can post up.

Hope someone can help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

ok just a fast update, i Turned off automatic Restart on system failure and the Blue screen reads " DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

ok just a fast update, i Turned off automatic Restart on system failure and the Blue screen reads " DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

the stop # is the most important part of the BSOD, like this part 0x00000009.[xxxxxxxxxx][xxxxxxxxxx][xxxx]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.