my computer boots up normal and at first it comes up with a message saying your computer might have been messed up in a power outage... so i selected last known configuration. and everytime it comes to this screen (picture below) and decideds to restaert over and over. i have treid booting up qith xp and 2000 both same message.

if you cannot read the blue screen it says error 0x0000008E blah blah blah and then it sayd run CHKDSK. but how can i run it if i can get the start up screen to work?

my computer boots up normal and at first it comes up with a message saying your computer might have been messed up in a power outage... so i selected last known configuration. and everytime it comes to this screen (picture below) and decideds to restaert over and over. i have treid booting up qith xp and 2000 both same message.

if you cannot read the blue screen it says error 0x0000008E blah blah blah and then it sayd run CHKDSK. but how can i run it if i can get the start up screen to work?

insert the winxp cd and boot computer hitting any key to boot from cd ,then hit R to run the repair , 1 for c:\windows ,then enter for password ,then chkdsk

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.