Recommended Answers

All 30 Replies

That's hilarious :lol: The "pure spring" did not look to "pure" to begin with-- more like a strip-mining sludge pit.

Nice link.

DON' CLICK ON THAT LINK. If you do, you will have to reboot your computer.:mad:

DON' CLICK ON THAT LINK. If you do, you will have to reboot your computer.:mad:

Hmm... everything worked fine when I clicked the link. Perhaps it's the advantage of Mac OS X (or just my luck).

The videos aren't that funny.

Tried it again, and same problem. This time I disabled Norton Firewall, still have Norton Antivirus running. I'm using XP Pro with SP 2. After downloading the file, double-clicked the file, M$ player came up and that was the end of my os. I had to reboot again.

Try installing K-lite codec pack.

You must be using FIREFOX and that browser doesnt work right sometimes... (It doesnt call your player right)

Im sorry Ancient dragon.........

Anyone else using Firefox have issues if they click the link above??

I tried it again this morning with IE7 -- same results. had to reboot my computer again.

Page cannot be displayed =_=

=(

I tried it again this morning with IE7 -- same results. had to reboot my computer again.

Judging from a previous thread that you had issues with some other movie file, I think it is a problem with media player or the codecs. Try VLC Media player portable, it comes with a lot of builtin codecs, and since it is portable you can use it without installing.

Anyone else using Firefox have issues if they click the link above??

No I dont have any issues with this thing, it just asks me to save the file to a specified location

No I dont have any issues with this thing, it just asks me to save the file to a specified location

saving the file was not a problem for me either. After its saved double click on it to run it.

If that is what happnes in your case, then I think Wolfpack is right. You dont have the required codecs and windows media players err... is not a very good player and hangs up very easily when some unidentified format is being played. Best go with VLC and you should start kicking some video a**.

Do you have WMP10 Ancient dragon?? (Wmp10 is trash compared to 9)

Alot of ppl have issues with 10 i have noticed....

Good luck :)

Do you have WMP10 Ancient dragon?? (Wmp10 is trash compared to 9)

Alot of ppl have issues with 10 i have noticed....

Good luck :)

I don't know. I'll look when I get back home in about another 5 hours.

I downloaded and installed VLC, exited all programs, opened VLC, selected File --> Open and opened that *.vmw file. Same problem as before, but this time I could hear a few seconds of the commercial

I also downloaded and installed XP Codec Pack 2.0, and it had same results as the others.

Is that *.vmw a video file ? Do I need some sort of video hardware othere than the video card? My system is 2.4 GHz AMD 64-bit motherboard, 1 gig RAM

Dragon, check if you have theese: (I use windows media Player 10)

qasf.dll v10.0.0.3802 (..\System32)
wmvdmod.dll v10.0.0.3802 (..\System32)
wmadmod.dll v10.0.0.3802 (..\System32)
quartz.dll v6.5.2600.2749 (..\System32)

Gspot told me this.

Also look if you have any YUV codec. (Gspot mentioned something like "MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12")

I have in system32:
huffyuv.dll v2.1.1.1 (Huffyuv lossless video codec)
iyuv_32.dll v5.1.2600.2180 (Intel Indeo(R) Video YUV Codec)
msyuv.dll v5.3.2600.2180 (Microsoft UYVY Video Decompressor)
tsbyuv.dll v5.1.2600.0 (Toshiba Video Codec)

Chaky: here are my DLL versions. The first group all are older versions than the ones you posted.

qasf.dll -- v9.0.0.3250
wmvdmod.dll -- v9.0.0.3250
wmadmod.dll -- v9.0.0.3250
quartz.dll -- v6.5.2600.2749

huffyuv.dll -- do not nave
iyuv_32.dll -- v5.1.2600.2180
msyuv.dll -- v5.3.2600.2180
tsbyuv.dll -- v5.1.2600.0

>>Also look if you have any YUV codec
Nothing like that in c:\windows or subs. I searched for *YV* and *YUV* and only came up w5ith some of the dlls mentioned previously.

I started Windows Media Player to see what version I have. Then I got an Update notice, so am installing it now.

[edit]Installing newest version did not help. Same behavior as before[/edit]

I have asked a mod to move this thread to Tech Talk since I think that is a more appropriate place. Thanks for all your help, even though my computer still can not play that file without corrupting the operating system.

Hey, dragon. catch this *throws something toward you*.

I have asked a mod to move this thread to Tech Talk since I think that is a more appropriate place.

And so off we go to the Windows Software forum; buckle up............

Very strange....

From the files you posted Dragon it looks like you have WMP9...

Have you tried re-installing it??

I cant figure it out.......How fast is your processor?? (Mine is 450Mhz)

Very wierd

my processor speed is 2.5 GHz, so I doubt that is the problem. And I think WPM is up to version 10.0 now -- just upgraded yesterday.

Hmmmmmmm

Your on XP right???

I cant understand it.... If you didnt have the right codec it simply wouldnt load,it wouldnt do what its doing!!

Can you see this stream??

http://asx.abacast.com/katutr.asx (Traffic cams)

Did my attachment help?

lol...very funny

I sent Dragon a PM with a possible solution to this :)

Just a thought: Maybe there's someone else with this kind of problem. Wouldn't hurt if you posted your solution here.

Unless it is "a solution" like I had for similar problem.

Any mpeg video on my system would reproduce in windows media player in "fast-forward" mode. Tried all kinds of codecs and stuff. Nothing helped.

"Solved" it by trying the "repair Windows installation" mode in windows setup program, but instead of repairing, my HD got screwed, saying "error loading operating system".
I was formating the drive, and trying to reinstall windows for a week without success. Until I got XP SP1 and finally managed to "breathe the life" into it.

Now mpegs play normally.

Ppl, don't do this at home.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.