im using a windows media player 10 and it always works fine, but this morning i dl a movie but the sound wont play, so i dl a codec for it its called ac3 filter, still wont work on winamp so i try to play the video on windows media player, it doesnt work too so i didnt try again, but after that i cant play all my music files in wmp.
if ne 1 wants to know the ac3 codec that i dl, its herehttp://www.free-codecs.com/AC3_Filter_download.htm
i uninstall that codec alrdy, but my wmp still wont play the music files
then i ask some friends and surf the net, and i installed cccp pack and matroska pack, but still it didnt fix the problem.so ne 1 know how to fix this??? thx

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Try doing a system restore to yesterday (Fixs many things)

Good luck!! -- Welcome ashore!

sounds like a similar problem I am having here

Try doing a system restore to yesterday (Fixs many things)

Good luck!! -- Welcome ashore!

uh how do i do a system restore??

Goto system tools/system restore and choose a date when it worked from the list of saved points......

Good luck :)

uh unfortunately for some reason i dun have ne restore point before that day. most prob i turn it off, so ne other suggestion to fix this??

Microsoft have done something sinister with WMP11. I also have had problems playing back movies I have legitimately purchased. At first, I just used Cyberlink PowerDVD to play my DVDs but anger with their meddling got the better of me. You will get advice to install the K-Lite Codec Pack. Do this, but before doing so, I suggest you uninstall WMP11. I have done this successfully and for once there were no problems with a roll-back apart from playlists becoming a bit confused. Then install the K-Lite stuff. This will also allow you to play back real media and quicktime files through Windows Media Player - which is great as you can assemble play lists for these also. If you can, get rid of WMP11 and turn off automatic windows updates to prevent it from being automatically installed in the future. Hope this helps

im using a windows media player 10 and it always works fine, but this morning i dl a movie but the sound wont play, so i dl a codec for it its called ac3 filter, still wont work on winamp so i try to play the video on windows media player, it doesnt work too so i didnt try again, but after that i cant play all my music files in wmp.
if ne 1 wants to know the ac3 codec that i dl, its herehttp://www.free-codecs.com/AC3_Filter_download.htm
i uninstall that codec alrdy, but my wmp still wont play the music files
then i ask some friends and surf the net, and i installed cccp pack and matroska pack, but still it didnt fix the problem.so ne 1 know how to fix this??? thx

how do i uninstall wmp?? i couldnt find ne wmp in add/remove program in control panel, so can u tell me how to uninstall it?? thx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.